Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-5

> This might happen if either one of these SIDs is invalid or NULL, which
> in turn may occur if the owner or group SID can't be found in the
> account DB.
>
> The question is then, is your /etc/passwd or /etc/groups file broken,
> and/or are you using the "files" only method in /etc/nsswitch.conf?

I don't know how to tell if those files are broken.
/etc/nsswitch.conf has only comments.

Interestingly, this problem did not occur at work, Windows 7
Enterprise, 64-bit.  Perhaps one of passwd/group is broken at home,
but not at work?

Is there a way to re-create either /etc/passwd and/or /etc/groups as
if I were installing Cygwin from scratch (but not actually doing
that)?  The install was done before the ACL changes, so I don't know
if either file was (or needs to be) "transformed".

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us