Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-3

On Apr 13 09:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr 12 17:19, Bryan Berns wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Corinna Vinschen
> > <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Cygwin friends and users,
> > >

> > > New 2.0.0-0.3 test release.  It's supposed to fix the pty chmod problem
> > > reported in https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-04/msg00240.html
> > >

> > Just a note: In 2.0.0-0.2, creating a file using touch on the root of
> > one of my drives resulted in the with the Windows GUI Security tabs
> > complaining about ACE order on the resultant file.

I forgot to mention:  Yes, that's expected for some ACLs.  Cygwin tries
to minimize the number of DENY ACEs, but depending on the permissions
and the MASK value you end up with something like this:

  NULL DENY
  USER 1 DENY
  USER 2 DENY
  USER 1 ALLOW
  USER 2 ALLOW
  GROUP 1 DENY
  GROUP 2 DENY
  GROUP 1 ALLOW
  GROUP 2 ALLOW
  OTHER ALLOW

  Rinse and repeate with default (aka "inheritable") permissions.

This or some other, similar technique is required to reproduce POSIX
ACLs with Windows ACLs.  Don't let the Windows GUI reorder them to
generate the "canonical" (but incomplete) order.  This is along the
same lines as described in
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-files

Corinna

Red Hat