Re: Libguile17 dependency issue - attention maintainer

On 4/12/2015 4:17 PM, David Stacey wrote:
On 12/04/15 11:03, Marco Atzeri wrote:

Seemed to work well with all the '.ly' files I threw at it. I generated PDF, PNG and MIDI files
successfully. I tried a few files from a web site with lots of freely available lilypond files, and
a couple of files gave warnings. If you try:

     wget http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ftp/PaganiniN/O1/Caprice_23/Caprice_23.ly
     lilypond --formats=pdf,png Caprice_23.ly

Then you see repeated instances of the following warnings:

     warning: no PostScript font name for font `/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/ncenR24.pcf.gz'
     warning: FreeType face has no PostScript font name

I was getting that with the previous version, and segfaults.  I had to back up some to
get it to work at all, and I recall, I still can't get Times Roman.  I wasn't sure who /
how to report it, but this thread prompts me to chime in.  Struck me as a problem with
Guile more than Lilypond itself, but I can't say now why I thought that at the time ...

Regards -- Eliot Moss