Re: Clean up /tmp on system reboot [was: Xorg server always starting up on DISPLAY 3.0]

On 11.04.2015 0:55, Frank Fesevur wrote:
>>> $ man 5 crontab
>>>
>>> See @reboot
>>>
>>> Never used it but I assume it will run after cron service is started.
>>
>> I haven't used it either, but I saw it there. Makes you wonder what would
>> happen if you simply restarted the service or stopped it and then started it
>> again.
>
> Have cron installed on my laptop so I just tested. And yes, that is
> how @reboot works on Cygwin. It runs the job right after the cron
> daemon is started, regardless how many times you restart the service.
>
> On Linux it seems to detect that the system really was rebooted.

Or, if you have a lot of memory, install ImDisk, create a disk and move temp
directory onto it. It's guaranteed to not to survive reboots. Also, it's
probably faster than having temp directory on a real disk.

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org