Re: mintty startup message: /sbin/nologin: No such file or directory

Greetings, Mirko Vukovic!

> after upgrading cygwin64 on my company laptop, mintty gives the following
> message *when connected to the network from home*:

Does that mean you're logged into your work domain?

> /sbin/nologin: No such file or directory

> Pressing enter closes the window.

This screams of the Cygwin schema applied to your AD at work, but incorrectly
recognized at home.

> I can start bash from Windows' command window.  From there, I see that there
> is no /sbin/nologin file, heck there is no /sbin either.

> A couple of data points:
> - After the upgrade, I renamed away the /etc passwd and group files.
> - I was able to open mintty while connect to the network at work

Did you do any changes to the /etc/nsswitch.conf ?
What running 'getent passwd' yield about your user when you are connected and
not connected to the network?

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...