Re: Cron not working

On 03/10/2015 09:48 AM, Stefan Schumacher wrote:

Hello

I am trying to set up a cron job to run a script every 10 minutes. I
have installed cron via the installer and configured it with cron-config
  to run as a system service.
Mar 10 14:11:33 stefan-PC cron: PID 3408: `cron' service started

This is stefan's crontab, generated with crontab -e.
*/10 * * * * /cygdrive/c/Users/stefan/copy_from_fileserver

According to /var/log/messages the cron job is executed correctly, but
no test file is generated in the directory. Calling copy_from_fileserver
  from the command line works without complications and copies the
file from the server as it should.

Mar 10 14:40:01 stefan-PC /usr/sbin/cron: PID 2340: (stefan) CMD (/cygdrive/c/Users/stefan/copy_from_fileserver)

How can I get this working?

First, we need to know what your script is doing and what your configuration
is, both for cron and for Cygwin.  Check out the problem reporting
guidelines at the link below for details.

Just a wild guess based on what you said so far, your script requires
resources (paths, environment variables, permissions, etc.) that aren't
available to the script when it runs.  Keep in mind that the script isn't
being run by your user and as a result, you can't assume that your user's
environment exists when it runs.  If your script assumes these things, it
will fail.  To solve this problem, you need to identify the needed resources
and make sure they are available when the script runs.  This may be as
simple as running the crond service under your user's account (this means
that the service can _only_ service your user's account though) or adding
some needed environment to your script.

--
Larry