Re: possible to see windows created via sshd?

On 09.03.2015 18:35, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Kevin Layer!

I'm running sshd on Windows (Server 2008 R2).  When I run Windows
programs via ssh the windows are not visible.  I realize this is a
long shot, but is there any fix or workaround or hack to this?

This is OS architectural change coming from Vista.

We run sshd under the cyg_server domain account.

Doesn't matter the user, services are running in a separate desktop session.
Only way to work around this is to start services from already logged in
user session, then windows will be created in it and will be visible.

i have another approach. i start a screen session from the logged in
user session and when i connect to my windows machine via ssh, i connect
to this screen session and start my windows programs there. screen is a
tool that comes with Cygwin.

screen also has another advance: if your ssh connection drops, or you
have to log out, your Cygwin command line tools and Windows programs
remain running.

BTW, after starting a screen session you can disconnect from it and
close the mintty window or DOS box you used for that. So there is no
such window remaining on your desktop.

best regards,

Herbert

But I feel that you've had different question in mind altogether.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

+49 176 6289 1952