Cannot change permission of /var/empty

Hi,

(Cygwin64, Windows 7, cygcheck attached - with some site details omitted)

I updated cygwin64 yesterday, and sshd stopped working.  I reinstalled
cygwin64, configured sshd, but it is still failing.

The message in /var/log/sshd.log is:

/var/empty must be owned by root and not group or world-writable.

I tried fixing the permissions (started shell as administrator) but I
cannot change the group permission via chmod g-w.  I don't get any
error messages.  Here are the permissions for /var/empty (some details
elided):

>ls -ld /var/empty
drwxr-xr--+ 1 MACHINE+cyg_server Administrators 0 Feb 24 16:12 /var/empty/

I am member of the administrators group on my machine.  The cyg_server
and sshd users look ok.

Any thoughts on why I cannot change the permission?

Thanks,

Mirko