Re: ssh-host-config script sends /etc/passwd thru awk

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> > It's a bit confusing to talk about the Cygwin version when this is
>> > only about openssh and the csih package.  I'm really busy with other
>> > stuff right now.  I quickly scanned the ssh-*-config scripts again
>> > and they never write a passwd entry so, if anything, it's a problem
>> > in the csih helper script.  Does anybody want to inspect
>> > /usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh for this?
>>
>> I'm on it, and the only place, where awk is ever called so far in relation to
>> these files is csih_use_file_etc
>>
>> So far it seems the user need to upgrade or reinstall his openssh package.
>> I'm off to try and set openssh on my newest VM, that have Cygwin first
>> installed after 1.7.34 release.
>> I'll be back.

> Looking forward to it.

You were right, the offender is the ssh-user-config, the check_user_homedir()
function.
The openssh is the 64-bit version, as in the stackexchange user's case.
The issue is interesting, though. When I first installed the openssh, it
offered me "prev" version of the package, even though I was installing from
the net. Re-running the installer picked the "current" version.
Setup.exe glitch?

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...