Re: Managing packages from command line

Pavel Fedin <p.fedin <at> samsung.com> writes:
>  The next step is to install the newly built package. I try to feed my
> directory with the package to setup.exe in "install from local directory"
> mode, but looks like it needs complete repository with setup.ini file, which
> i obviously don't have. I would like just to install the package without the
> need to generate repository. Is it possible ?

If the package is simple enough:

----cygpack.sh----
#!/usr/bin/sh
ARCH=$(/usr/bin/arch)
CYGPORT=/usr/bin/cygport
CYGDOALL="finish download prep compile inst depend package test"
DIFF=/usr/bin/diff
TAR=/usr/bin/tar
TEE=/usr/bin/tee
CP=/usr/bin/cp
export PAGER=/usr/bin/cat

#set -x

p=${1%.cygport} && shift
eval "$(grep 'ARCH=' $p.cygport)"
arch=$ARCH && arch=${arch//i6/x}
pa=$p.$arch
da=difflog.$arch
patch=$pa/patch/$p.src.patch

2>&1 $CYGPORT $p $CYGDOALL | $TEE $pa.log
[ -s $patch ] && cp -p $patch .
( $DIFF -u $pa.log{old,} || cat $pa.log ) >> $da
$TAR -C / -xvf $pa/dist/$p/$p*[0-9].tar.xz | gzip -9c > /etc/setup/$p.lst.gz
egrep "^$p " /etc/setup/installed.db || echo "$p $p-0-0.tar.bz2 0" >>
/etc/setup/installed.db

If you already have the package files, you just need the last two lines.
This does not run any postinstall scripts, so if your packages need them
you'll have to add some more code.  It also doesn't do the pre-remove and
the rm of the original files, both of which aren't a problem for what I'm
using it for, but you may want to think about adding this.

Regards,
Achim.