Re: Windows/Posix path conversion fails on extra mount points

On Feb  9 21:47, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 09.02.2015 um 10:18 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> >On Feb  9 00:04, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> >>cygwin_create_path (CCP_WIN_A_TO_POSIX, "C:/cygwin/lib") -> "/usr/lib"
> >>This is the correct directory, however, only by means of the extra mount
> >>point
> >>of /usr/lib; I think the result should rather be the likewise correct
> >>but more intuitive "/lib".
> >>There is software thatâs getting confused by this mix-up.
> >If so, it's a bug in the software.  /usr/lib is a prefectly valid path.
> I don't know the details of that software and don't have the sources. But it
> needs to access the directory with the Windows API and somehow derives the
> Windows path back from /usr/lib which then doesn't work because /usr/lib
> doesn't exist for Windows while /lib does.

You don't have the sources?  Of a Cygwin application?  That's a problem
licensing-wise, and that makes me much less sympathetic.

And then again, if it's a Cygwin application, it has a bug, and the bug
should be fixed in that software, so you should file a bug with them.

OTOH, if it's, in fact, not a Cygwin application, then any changes to
cygwin_conv_path are moot.

Corinna

Red Hat