Re: How to verify a cygport package

> On Jan 29, 2015, at 8:24 PM, ééä <chenwj.cs97g+cygwin@g2.nctu.edu.tw> wrote:
>
> However, `cygport install` doesn't "install" the package just created
> (apparently I misunderstand what it does).

cygport is not a package manager.  It is a package *creator*, only.

âcygport installâ is basically a wrapper around âmake installâ in your build tree.  Because cygport was supposed to set up the build system to install into a private installation tree underneath your cygport build tree, the resulting files wonât end up in /usr/bin and such.  Theyâll be in a subdirectory of the one containing the *.cygport file.

>  What should I do to make sure the package works? Thanks.

After âcygport installâ say âcygport packageâ to create the tarball.

Then:

    $ tar tvf package.tar.xz
    (check that it looks sane)
    $ cd /