Re: Although advertised on a different Cygwin mailing list ...

On Jan 27 16:55, Warren Young wrote:

> >> Yes, I know ... making fun.
> >
> >> However, as I have NOT seen any maintainer respond "enthusiastically"
> >> to you effort YET (they are all very busy, I am sure), I believed it
> >> could do no harm to inform the "masses" (experienced users) ...
> >
> > More importantly, it "do good" to inform the author, that her patch works as
> > expected.
>
> Can we get a gold star for Corinna here?

Too early.

Please don't use this test release.

It has the unfortunate side-effect that downgrading packages is not
possible anymore, and worse, the package could be silently removed.
That's a teeny little bit more exciting action than I anticipated with
my change.

Sorry, but this needs more work.

Corinna

Red Hat