Re: Updated: sqlite3-3.8.7.2-1 for Cygwin/Cygwin64

On Nov 21, 2014, at 3:21 AM, Jan Nijtmans <jan.nijtmans@gmail.com> wrote:

> SQLite is a software library that implements a self-contained,
> serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine

Hi, Jan.

I happened to need to look at the Cygwin/sqlite3.README file today and saw that it talks about changing the locking semantics via the VFS, but it doesn’t describe how to do this.  Do you have to do it via sqlite3_vfs_register() or sqlite3_open_v2()?

My old environment variable mechanism would let you affect the locking scheme without changing any of the calls to SQLite.  Did that get lost with the change to the VFS-based scheme?  I hope not.