cygwin64 install g++ v 4.6.4

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 29 15:40:00 GMT 2014

On 29/05/14 05:19, Philapol wrote:
> I would like to install g++ v 4.6.4 under cygwin64 but only v 4.8.2 is
> available. What is the procedure to install this older version?

64-bit Cygwin is relatively new, and the earliest version of gcc that
was built for 64-bit was gcc-4.8.0 (IIRC). If you need an older version
then you would have to build it yourself from source. But as others have
pointed out, your time would be better spent maintaining the code so
that it compiles with a more modern compiler.

Cheers,

Dave.