Re: A list of installed packages (no dependencies)

On 2014-12-31 16:32, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Larry Hall wrote:
This sounds contradictory to what you're asking above.

No, it is as modern package managers work. Also 'port' in MacPorts has
similar options (they call these packages 'requested'). For example, on
OSX I have installed only 21 (chosen by me, i.e. *requested*), but the
total number of package installed (as a result of dependencies) is 254.
In principle reinstalling the 21 packages should reinstall all the 254
but sometimes the dependencies change. Having a less package to
reinstall makes simpler to follow the process of
installation/re-installation.

I think Cygwin has this (maybe I read this on the list) but I don't
remember, exactly, the command.. :-(

Once installed, Cygwin does not distinguish between packages that were chosen for installation and those that were installed as dependencies.

Yaakov