Re: SSHd configuration problems (System error 1376)

On 12/29/2014 11:27 PM, Houder wrote:
If you were really running in an elevated shell, I don't know why 544
didn't show up in the output of "id -G".

Ken

Because Ilya's /etc/group file has a line that reads:

root:S-1-5-32-544:0:

in stead of:

Administrators:S-1-5-32-544:544:

?

Put differently, he has copied an old group file from another computer?

Well, that wouldn't be why 544 didn't show up in the output of "id -G"
if the shell was elevated but root showing up in either of the passwd
or group files is a key indicator that the file was modified by something
other than mkpasswd and mkgroup at one point in the past, yes.

--
Larry