ld.exe segfault when compiling Box Backup

Dear Cygwin Developers,

I've been successfully building official Windows releases of Box Backup using Cygwin and its MinGW compilers for many years. (MinGW alone doesn't provide enough POSIX compatibility to run the test suite). Now I'm trying to build a new release on Windows 7 with 64-bit MinGW compilers and running into a problem where ld.exe is crashing during compilation.

I narrowed down the test case to two files, and this command:

Chris@win7-64bit-vm /tmp
$ x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ BackupClientInodeToIDMap.o libqdbm.a
collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped

You can download those two files here:
http://gcc.flexdns.net/bugreport/BackupClientInodeToIDMap.o
http://gcc.flexdns.net/bugreport/libqdbm.a

Compiles that don't include both of those files appear to work OK, so it's something about them. BackupClientInodeToIDMap.o is one of the few parts of Box Backup (perhaps the only part) that depends on qdbm.

Note that I ran cygcheck after downgrading to an older binutils to see if that would help, but it didn't. I get the same symptoms with "GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.24.51.20140411" installed (mingw64-x86_64-binutils 2.24.0.3.85cf705-1).

I don't really know how to investigate this any further. I know very little about ld. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 967 838
25 Signet Court, Swanns Road, Cambridge, CB5 8LA, UK

with company number 04980791.