Mounted NAS, net use and shared drive paths... Issues

Hi everybody

I posted this to an other cygwin mailing list but got no answer, a new attempts hereâ

Well I am using cygwin for my multi platform continuous build/test integration system.

And I meet a lot of issues with the use of the mounted NAS under cygwin.

Because the behaviours are not repeatable it is hard to see a pattern,
sometimes it does work, often not...

First to describe the context :

- I have cygwin installed on a Windows Server 2012 server and Seven on my
work laptop, and the behaviour are the same.

- My ssh is configured with cg_server user

- We have a NAS where I make our builds

- cygwin version : CYGWIN_NT-6.2 ... 1.7.32(0.274/5/3) 2014-08-13 23:06
x86_64 Cygwin

Mainly the way my scripts works is to do something like that :

-----
cd //mynas/myshare/mybuildfolder
call script for builds and tests
-----

I run several plans which use the same patterns, and the "cd" command,
sometimes does work and sometimes it failsâ

It seems to me sometimes like a number of connection limit, but not sure at all.

I tried to ensure that the mount was made before with the credential,
calling a script which make the right net use command, it seemed to work at start,
but not convincing.

I get when it does not work, the status 'Disconnected' in the 'net use'
output, sometimes others failures as 'network nor available' and other funny
things ;)

$ net use '\\aServer\aSharePoint' /user:aServer\\aLogin aPassword
Local name
Remote name       \\ aServer\aSharePoint
Resource type     Disk
Status            Disconnected

Maybe someone has some precises things to say abut this very complex
mechanic...

Thanx in advance.

Gerard