Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> > Cygwin schema extension? :)
>>
>> I just created a patch and a matching snapshot on
>> https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>>
>> The new stuff is still missing documentation, [...]

> If you're wondering why I didn't create a test release yet, it's all
> about this dreaded documentation.

> Did I mention already how much I hate writing documentation?  Yes?
> Whatever.  I really hate writing documentation!  It's infinitely worse
> than writing the code.

Every 10 lines of documentation I write for my projects make me want to
rewrite at least one line of the code. Because it feels stupid now, that I've
explained, how it works.

> I'm just working on the documentation and it's going forward really
> tenaciously, so I felt the need to vent^Wkeep you informed.

> When I have a more or less working piece of documentation, I'll create
> a new Cygwin test release again, for installation via setup.

> I'd appreciate if those not shy to install developer snapshots would
> give this stuff a try in the meantime.

I think I'm about to make a script to install snapshots, at this rate it seems
the right thing to do.
Is there a direct way to query for the latest snapshot?
I'm not very fond of HTML parsing.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...