Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

On Nov 14 00:49, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

> >> Which is covered by "system" setting. Which will either read the location from
> >> AD or use %HOMEPATH%, if all else fails.

> >> I don't see, why not. Forget for a moment about its true location.
> >> Does it matter, where the files are located, when cygwin is running?
>
> > Not when it's running, but a homedir does *not* belong under AppData,
> > especially not under Roaming.
>
> Perhaps, I'm missing something. What meaning exactly you put into "homedir",
> which seems to preclude any possibility of discussion?

You apparently didn't read what I wrote in this thread.  AppData is the
wrong spot.  Applications are not supposed to use AppData directly,
rather just the subfolders.  And the Roaming subfolder is the worst
of all, given that it contains the roaming profile, which is copied
over to the client at login time.  This is not at all the place for
any kind of home directory.

Corinna

Red Hat