Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

On Nov 10 22:33, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2014-11-10 22:23, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> >Dependency order of packages: libgcc1 base-cygwin cygwin dash tzcode
> >libstdc++6 terminfo sed gzip libpcre1 grep libreadline7 bash
> >libncursesw10
> [snip]
>
> Now that I think about it, regardless of libgcc1, that still doesn't make
> much sense.  sed, grep, and bash depend on libintl8, which depends on
> libiconv2, and libreadline7 (which is required by bash) itself depends on
> libncursesw10, so that should be at least two places earlier.  All of those
> dependencies are listed in setup.hint (and hence setup.ini), so is there
> something wrong with setup itself?

What about dependency loops?

AFAICS, coreutils depends on tzcode, tzcode depends on coreutils.  Both
depend on libgcc1.  This introduces a big problem in dependency
resolution because there's no unambiguous starting point.

What if we remove the coretuls dep from tzcode.

Or, actually, what if we make sure that Base packages only depend
on libs, but never on any other Base package?

Corinna

Red Hat