Re: Problem with accents

Am 09.11.2014 14:38, schrieb Doug Henderson:
On 9 November 2014 03:43, Wafer CCC wrote:
Hello,

I'm french and i use cygwin on Windows 7, and I have a problem with accents.
When i tape :
   net start
Accents are not correctly displayed.
If you are running cygwin in the default mintty console, check the
setting of the locale and character set in the mintty settings. ...
... they should display correctly when you "cat" the
file from cygwin.
Tony wrote:
You may also want/need to change the display font in mintty. I've found DejaVu Sans Mono has better Unicode support than the default font.
This problem is neither related to locale settings, nor to character set or font settings of mintty.
Note that 'net' is not a cygwin program but a Windows program.
As such, it has its very own idea of how to configure output character encoding which is unrelated to cygwin locale settings. You can try to issue 'chcp.com 65001' in the Cygwin terminal. This helps for *some* Windows programs but not for many. I'm not sure right now whether 'net' belongs to them.
------
Thomas