Re: Different (and wrong) timezones reported by both strftime(3) and date(1)

Egor Tensin <egor.tensin <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I've run into an issue of both strftime(3) and date(1) reporting
> different (and wrong) timezones. I'm in the MSK timezone (switched
> from +0400 to +0300 on 10/26/14).

Wow - tzcode release is ancient - 2013c from April 2013 - went up to 2013i
last year and current is 2014i.
Okay if you live in NA or EU, but not the rest of the world, where DST
changes on political whims, often on short notice.

As this package is part of base, any chance of getting it updated with
similar frequency to ca-certs, or splitting tzdata into a separate package
which can be easily and frequently updated?