Re: BUG: cygwin warning: barfs on domain-based-mboxes; env corrupted by login(-p disabled)

Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
The next Cygwin release will have CYGWIN=dosfilewarning set to OFF
by default.

If anybody thinks it's really worth to keep this option available
and ON by default, please speak up.

I don't think it's worth the hassle. What little of the programs that is
unable to deal with native paths are printing obvious enough error messages to
convince the user that they should change their habits.
---
Not that I disagree with Corinna's decision, but Andrey's followup
doesn't necessarily apply (nor is it important in my case).

Bash is testing for the existence of a user's "mbox", in the spool
directory -- it prints no error if it is not found -- I don't know
that it is important that it should as one can [re]set the system mbox
path if they want, in the startup scripts.  Just that this mbox
check uses some internally compiled name that is checked before
any user scripts are run.

Still doesn't fix the problem of the ENV being zeroed in 'login'
which triggered this problem in the first place.