RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Corinna Vinschen
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 5:27 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1

According to http://serverfault.com/questions/24821/how-to-add-dependency-on-a-windows-service-after-the-service-is-installed it is possible to add a dependency to an already existing service.  I agree it would be hard to automate in the install scripts, as one would have to either ask the user about their intent to run other services or rely that they configured cygserver first and then check to see if it has been already configured to determine if a dependency should be created.  I would think that some instructions in the docs near the statement mentioned above would be more than sufficient, since this is a "fine tuning" sort of thing.