Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

On 10/21/2014 12:06 AM, Don MacDougall wrote:
  I don't know what happened, but you must have inadvertently selected
  some packages to install that you didn't intend to choose.  There are no
  texlive packages in a default installation.

If I somehow did something like this, is there an easy way to undo it other
than to delete everything and start over?  Since I've already downloaded
everything I've no objection to having it install, especially since the
install says it's 99% complete, but this one package seems to hold
everything up and when I try to install everything else while uninstalling
this one package, the installer still stalls at the same postinstall script.
Might I presume that it can't uninstall till it first completes the install?
If that's the case, then I suppose I'll just leave it set to install and let
it run for 3 or 4 days in the hope it'll eventually complete.  Most of the
other postinstall scripts and the whole rest of the install process ran in
no more than a few hours.

I wouldn't try to restart the install without figuring out why /etc/postinstall/texlive-collection-basic.sh didn't complete. Is there anything at all in /var/log/ that might provide a clue? Usually setup writes temporary files while it's executing postinstall scripts.

Ken