Re: Direct/efficient way to chop off trailing \n

Greetings, Paul.Domaskis!

> Jim, I think you're right.  cygpath could benefit a lot from a -n
> switch to suppress the new line.  From google, however, it's actually
> just li'l olde me that would benefit as no one else seems to have the
> want for it.

That's just happened to be opposite case of common usage, I suppose.
Most people either use Cygwin tools in isolation, or use Cygwin tools from
Windows tools.
The opposite is rare, and mostly boils down to scripting, where you naturally
use $(cygpath ...) to produce desired results.

> So I can see why such a switch has never been developed.
> It's probably only needed for cygwin users, as it is the *unixy crowd
> that uses both Windows & *nix at the same time.

The cygpath tool is Cygwin specific :) So there's no contradiction to
your words.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...