Minnty and Cygwin 64 generate strange bash-completion

When I run Cygwin from mintty, and try bash-completion, it tabs
several spaces, and generates an usable value.  For example, if I have
a script called "setup-python.sh", and I type "set" and then hit tab,
it seems to do "set                      ". If I then hit return, it
doesn't work because that is not a valid value.

If I do this from the cygwin.bat file (which runs it in cmd.exe), it works fine.

Operating System: Windows 7, x64
Cygwin Version: x64 Bit

Attached cygcheck results.

-- gary furash | furashgary@gmail.com, 520-907-2470 | calendar