Re: Fwd: Need help port forwarding with ssh and cygwin...

Steven Dennis wrote:
> So I went to
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e22624/preinstall_req_cygwin_ssh.htm

I don't recommend following third-party instructions about how to make
Cygwin work. There's plenty of good experienced people on this list
willing to help and third-party instructions are notoriously unreliable.

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Steven Dennis <nzdreamer55@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Forgot to include this
>>
>> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
>> Warning: Permanently added 'localhost' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
>> Write failed: Broken pipe

Are you running this from a Mintty window?

The next thing I would try is "ssh -vvv". The debug output may give you
a clue as to what is going wrong. You should also look at
/var/log/sshd.log and the Windows Event Viewer for clues.

It is inconceivable that a judicious observer from another solar system
would see in our species -- which has tended to be cruel, destructive,
wasteful, and irrational -- the crown and apex of cosmic evolution.
Viewing us as the culmination of *anything* is grotesque; viewing us
as a transitional species makes more sense -- and gives us more hope.
- Betty McCollister, "Our Transitional Species",
  Free Inquiry magazine, Vol. 8, No. 1