Re: Fwd: Need help port forwarding with ssh and cygwin...

On 9/14/2014 6:35 PM, Steven Dennis wrote:
> Ok so I think that the problem is with connecting from my server to my
> local computer over ssh.  I ssh to my server and then issued a ssh
> kira@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and got the following error.
>
> ssh: connect to host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 22: Connection timed out

Have you setup the ssh server on your local computer by running
"ssh-host-config" as an admin user? If so, is the sshd service running?

The first thing to get working is the ssh server. Make sure you can do
"ssh localhost" from your Cygwin computer. If that works, then there is
some firewall blocking the connection. If that doesn't, look at
/var/log/sshd.log to see why the sshd service didn't start.

"Buy land.  They've stopped making it."
                -- Mark Twain