Re: vi editing at bash command line: cc command doesn't work

I have the same problem.  My system details (abbreviated):

Windows 7 Home Premium Ver 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1

Cygwin installations found in the registry:
  System: Key: e022582115c10879 Path: C:\cygwin64
  User:   Key: e022582115c10879 Path: C:\cygwin64

  Cygwin DLL version info:
      DLL version: 1.7.29

This is a standard installation using Cygwin setup program.

I've just updated to dll version 1.7.32 and the problem persists.

The above was done in an xterm window, but it also happens in the standard
Cygwin64 Terminal started from the desktop shortcut.

I've installed mksh, which also supports vi style command line editing,
and both 'cc' and 'dd' work as expected there.

Bob