Re: latest cygwin: 'run' problem

Gerry Reno writes:
> On the 32-bit system cygwin installs that haven't been updated yet 'run.exe' shows:
>
>     $ ls -l /usr/bin/run.exe
>     -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrator None 65053 Jul 24  2013 /usr/bin/run.exe
>
> On a 32-bit system with this latest cygwin 'run.exe' shows:
>
>     $ ls -l /usr/bin/run.exe
>     -rwxr-xr-x 1 SYSTEM SYSTEM 66077 Jun  9 13:16 /usr/bin/run.exe
>
> Filesize is different so something has changed there.

A "cygcheck -f /usr/bin/run.exe" would be more enlightening, although I
think the two versions of run should be 1.3.0 and 1.3.1.  If so then the
reason for mstsc not recognizing the options would be the patch by Max
Polk that quotes all the arguments (the change description said it'd
quote only arguments with spaces in them, but the code actually quotes
all of them anyway).  This also means that mstsc seems to implement its
own version of options processing or argument quoting (probably the
former since options to mstsc need not be quoted).  The quoting function
in the current version of run is too naive anyway, so I'll have to
update it with something more sensible.  It'll be a few days, sorry for
the inconvenience.

Regards,
Achim.