Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs

On Sep  2 22:23, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> >   $ setfacl -d g:system: filename
> >
> > Note the trailing colon.
>
> That's not what the man page specifies, however.  I'll keep it in mind.

I patched setfacl to not require trailing colons anymore.  This also
fixes a bug in terms of the allowed acl entries when deleting.

I now also fixed setfacl to add missing acl entries when modifying an
acl, same way as the Linux setfacl handles this.

And, this is important, given that setfacl now always creates complete
acls when modifying an acl, I could finally fix the aclcheck(2) function
in the Cygwin DLL to more thorougly test the incoming acl for all
required entries.

That means, when using the new Cygwin DLL, you also have to use the
accompanying setfacl(1).  With any older setfacl you'll suffer "setfacl:
Invalid argument" error messages.

I just created a new snapshot on https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
containing these patches.  Please give them a try.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat