Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs

Corinna Vinschen writes:
>   $ setfacl -d g:system: filename
>
> Note the trailing colon.

That's not what the man page specifies, however.  I'll keep it in mind.

>> Removing the group
>> owner ACL instead did the right thing in at least one instance.
>
> ??? It shouldn't.  Removing the standard ACL entries for the owner,
> owner group, and other is not allowed:
>
>   $ setfacl -d g:: filename
>   setfacl: No error
>
> The "No error" is a bug, related to the fact that the aclsort() function
> doesn't set errno if aclcheck() failed.  I just fixed that in CVS.

I'll try that again to be sure.

>> I've mostly been removing all ACL from the whole tree via the explorer
>> security tab (for ~/.ssh/ and similar stuff).
>
> *All* ACL???  That sounds wrong to me.

Take ownership (if not already owner), give full acces and nuke
everything else (general read access for user and change permission for
admin groups of various sorts mostly).  Under Cygwin this then leaves a
clean mode (600 or 700, depending) with no "+" ACL.

Regards,
Achim.