Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs

Ken Brown writes:
> With the latest snapshot I can't start the sshd service.  The
> Application Log just says, "`sshd' service stopped, exit
> status:255". The problem doesn't occur with the 2014-08-27 snapshot.
> I guess this has something to do with the new permissions on various
> files, but I'm not sure which ones.

Off the top of my head for the standard installation:

/etc/ssh*
/var/empty
/var/log/sshd

When you try to debug the sshd, IIR these are the files that must be
chown'ed to the admin user that runs sshd from the terminal.  Running in
debug mode (either from the terminal or via sshd_config) should produce
messages which file or directory sshd is choking on.

Regards,
Achim.