Re: top and free fail as of 21 Aug

Greetings, Lester Ingber!

> Also note that the same files I saw dated "Aug 21" are now dated "Aug 23";
> see below.  So, yes, dates on these files do matter.  (Other utils like
> pkill also were failing, etc.)

That's the dates of packaging.

Also, could you pretty please teach your mail client to insert proper
threading headers (In-Reply-To and/or References) into your replies?
Right now, your thread is scattered across four pieces, which does not
contribute to readability.
If you're subscribed in digest mode, you can reply to your own initial/last
message sent to the list to have your replies as close as possible.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...