Re: Windows 7 sshd can only login as cyg_server

<snip>

That's what I meant.  Do you have a non-admin account for testing
a login?

I can only make a local non-admin user.  If I use that, it is just
returning "Permission denied" after I enter the password.  I guess I'll
have to fiddle with it a little more to see if I can figure out why that
is.  But that seems tangential to the issue reported.

If I try using the cyg_server account (yuck, I feel filthy! ;-) ), I get
kicked out the same way as reported minus the message about chown.  That's
as close as I've gotten and, of course, it's exactly opposite what was
reported.

Today I confused myself a lot by trying it (I'm using a domain cyg_server
account for years so it was a bit of hacking) and I was able to login
with a domain admin account but not with a normal domain account.

That's with a local cyg_server running the service?

Yes, sorry for not being clearer.  That was the hacky part.  It required
to change the domain policy and stuff like that.

OK, so this sounds similar to what I'm seeing with my domain account and
with a local cyg_server running sshd.  I'm _shocked_.

I didn't manage to debug this further.  However, what I never encounter is
a "chown(/dev/ptyX,...) Permission denied" message.

Yeah, me neither.  That's... special. ;-)

...and a bit incomprehensible :(

Indeed.  Maybe the OP has an actual file for the pseudo /dev/pty1 file?  If
so, maybe the permissions on the file are getting in the way??

--
Larry