Re: Replicate packages from 32-bit machine on 64-bit machine

Larry Hall (Cygwin <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>On 08/18/2014 10:30 AM, Paul wrote:
>>Andrey Repin <anrdaemon <at> yandex.ru> writes:
>>> When I wanted to replicate my cygwin installation from a 32-bit
>>> machine to another 32-bit machine, it was straightforward.  I would
>>> simply reinstall all installed packages, but have the downloaded
>>> packages got to a folder which I then burn to CD.
>>>
>>> However, my next machine is a 64-bit machine.  So I have to use the
>>> 64-bit setup.  Is there an almost-as-painless way to replicate the
>>> 64-bit version of the packages that I have installed on my 32-bit
>>> machine?
>>
>> You contradicting yourself. 64-bit packages are entirely different
>> files than 32-bit packages.
> Yes, I understand.  I was referring to the 64-bit versions of my
> 32-bit packages.  It took quite some period of discovery to determine
> my operational needs and the packages required. I'm hoping to avoid
> that re-experiencing that.
>
> You shouldn't have allot of trouble matching the 64-bit version of any
> package with the 32-bit version.  Assuming there is a 64-bit version of
> the package you want, package names are typically very similar between
> the two architectures.

Understood, Larry.  It's just that there are so many packages, and I
don't want to manually find all the matching packages.  Before, if I
wanted to replicate a cygwin install on another machine, I just
reinstalled all my packages, but saved the packages to a folder that I
could write to disc.  I can't do that if I want to replicate my
packages as 62-bit versions.