Re: Simplify AD integration?

Bonus question:

> >4. Should Cygwin downcase all usernames when generating the Cygwin
> >   username
>I prefer downcase. Other users probably will not. So db_username_downcase =
>true/false would be great.
Sigh.  YA setting.  I was trying to*simplify*  the stuff and reduce
variability since that stuff only complicates the code for... what
gain?

Yes, that was my thinking as well.  Automatic downcasing may be a convenient
feature for some but it doesn't seem like a "must have".  It's always
possible to address this with a change in the Windows user name casing
or by adding the accounts that one wants to override to the passwd/
group files.  I know each of these options has their downsides too but
these seem like sufficient work-arounds for a potential need that isn't
key functionality, IMHO.

--
Larry

A: Yes.