Re: Some programs (vi, ssh) crash when screen buffer height is big

> It's not reproducible for me.  I just tried your ssh scenario with a
> 1000 and 2000 line buffers and it works fine for me every time, be it
> with Cygwin 1.7.30 or the latest snapshot.  I also raised the number of
> loops.  Is it possible that you're suffering a BLODA(*) problem?
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna

> Confirmed.
>
> I tried up to 9999, the maximum allowed.
>
> This is under Windows 8.1 Pro, with Cygwin 1.7.30, both 32- and 64-bit.

I was running under:

CYGWIN_NT-6.1 1.7.29(0.272/5/3) 2014-04-07 13:46

It might have been a feature present in 1.7.29.

More likely, it was a installation issue. I had cygwin1.dll with
1.7.29 and cygwin1.dll.new with 1.7.30. I ran setup-x86_64.exe
multiple times and it did nothing to upgrade it (I assume it renames
cygwin1.dll.new to cygwin1.dll, correct?). No cywgin processes were
running otherwise. What helped is to manually reinstall "cygwin"
package. Now that I'm at 1.7.30, all seems OK. Probably just a version
mismatch.

As a side topic, I did not get a mail with your (Corinna / Warren)
replies, just a digest, and could not reply to it. Not sure how it
will thread. Is there a way to somehow specify which post to reply to
in the body of the mail, so that it threads as I want? As per
https://sourceware.org/lists.html#what-software, ezmlm-idx is used and
as per http://untroubled.org/ezmlm/faq/How-threading-works.html#How-threading-works
it threads by subject, not using In-Reply-To or so. And even if it
did, I cannot specify headers via Gmail (firewall, cannot use other
email clients unfortunately). If not a simple answer, I'll open a
separate thread.