Re: Emacs-w32... Still Crashing

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 11:36:07AM -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>On 2014-07-08 10:02, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 09:55:55AM -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> Grasping at straws, as usual, I wonder if these mysterious crashes could
>>> be related to a bug that Corinna just fixed:
>>>
>>>    https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2014-q3/msg00004.html
>>>
>>> Corinna, is this plausible?  If so, maybe Gustav should try the next
>>> snapshot of the Cygwin DLL.  (The current one doesn't seem to have this
>>> fix in it.)
>>
>> Actually, I was scratching my head over that change and wondering
>> what it was supposed to solve.
>
>We believe that this was the cause of e.g. mandb aborting on x86_64
>without manually enlarging the stack commit size:

"We"?  Isn't that testable by setting the stack size down and putting a
printf in cygwin somewhere?

In any event, the comment in my code which is supposed to explain why
the tag is commented out is lacking details.  If this patch is a joint
effort then please add more details to the change that you made to my
code.

cgf