Re: Why does df fail to stat CIFS shares?

On Jun 27 16:36, Alexander Schwab wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have mounted some NetApp CIFS shares and I've now realized that df does
> not return filesystem statistics for these shares. It looks like I can't figure
> out why that is. Can anyone explain this behavior to me?
>
> I'm using cygwin 1.7.30(0.272/5/3).
>
> $ df
> df: `/home/admaschwab'
> df: `/home/aschwab'
> df: `/cygdrive/u'
> df: `/cygdrive/x'
> df: `/cygdrive/y'

That's the real output?  No error message, just the names of the
mount points?  Is that the 32 or 64 bit Cygwin?

Given the lack of access to netapp drives, if this is a bug in Cygwin
(which seems likely in this case) I would need your cooperation to run
debugging sessions to be able to come up with a fix.  Is that ok?

For a start, could you run `strace -o df.strace df' and attach the
df.strace file to your reply?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat