Re: Too many mailing lists(passing the buck)

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 02:21:49PM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 03:07:37PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:

Every time someone says "That's not on topic here, go elsewhere," it
can easily be read as "Go away."  The Cygwin project should only be
pushing away toxic people, and multiple mailing lists do not have
that happy side effect.

I've never seen a reply saying "that's not on topic here, go away" that
could be read as you describe.
----
   You didn't even bother to check google?
i settled on looking at bash:
bash cygwin "off-topic" -stackoverflow

But have seen similar for X11 related.

on the first page: (all talking about the topic being wrong for the list
involved).

vs.  the opposite problem where a cygwin devel yanked my prob from a
cp-bug-report and closed it:

bug was related to a case-bug using cp -a and being told it was a
cygwin bug unless I could recreate it on linux (even though the bad
code was in 'cp'.)

(had to do with ignoring case, and creating it with a case ignoring FS
on linux would have been too much of a pain (like XFS has such an
option) .

project owners constantly like to pass the buck in hopes the user will
give up...usually project owners win because reporting bugs is too much
trouble.

But, then, I know of cygwin devs who feed orphans, rescues kittens, and
work to prevent global warming.  So, as long as we're making
unsubtantiated allegations, it all works out in the end.

Would it be wrong of me to point out that we may have gone off-topic with
all this talk of passing the buck and feeding orphans?  Oh, the irony
of it all!

OK, sorry.  I just couldn't resist. ;-)

--
Larry