Re: make install problem for emms (Permission denied)

On 30/05/2014 01:17 +0400, Filipp Gunbin wrote:

> While trying a fix for this emms build bug:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emms-help/2014-05/msg00000.html I ran
> into a strange problem:
>
> install -m 644 lisp/emms-info-mp3info.el lisp/tq.el lisp/emms-url.el
> [...]
> make: execvp: install: Permission denied
>
> I think this is Cygwin-specific.  I see some similar problems in cygwin
> list archives, but they occured a long ago and there are not much
> complaints.
>
> Yes, all permissions seem to be ok.
>
> However, some days ago it worked, probably I updated Cygwin since then,
> I don't remember exactly.  If yes, then it was an update from
> November-2013 version to the current.  I tried a snapshot from that time
> and a latest snapshot, both with no luck.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks.

cygcheck.out is attached.

You can try to reproduce the problem with

git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emms.git
cd emms
make && make install

Also, it's strange that the install... command above works when run
directly in shell, but fails when run from make.

Filipp