Fwd: Cannot log in to SSHD, either with public key or password

I had to use 'mkpasswd -l' to re-generate my passwd file, (and also mkgroup), and re-ran ssh-host-config. Actually I tried 'su - Chloe', saw an error, tried to edit passwd manually, screwed it up and deleted 'sshd' user (even though I don't see that user in Windows user management), found 'mkpasswd', restarted server, was trying to read another home directory, logged out of bash, log back in, re-ran ssh-host-config, and then it seemed to work.