Re: interactive hg (mercurial) using ssh is getting "authentication failures" to sourceforge

On 5/12/2014 4:20 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Ernie Rael!

At the end of this post, there is experimental evidence that the ssh is
disasociated from the tty in the when spawned by hg.
NOTE: hg is a Win7 command, not compiled with the cygwin dll.
Don't you see anything suspicious here?

Right you are. After I posted, I realized I hadn't clearly stated my questions. This could be something about my setup, but... I've only just joined this mailing list; I don't have an historical perspective.

Is this expected behavior? If so, any idea what changed over the last 6 - 9 months? Was this a conscious change in behavior?

I'd been using this setup for years; the old behavior, which gives a higher degree of interoperability (at least in this case), is certainly natural. If the Win program didn't do anything explicit to disassociate from the tty, why shouldn't it work? Does windows have a concept of controlling tty? Is there something mercurial/python could, as a native app, that would get this to work?

I know little about windows' internals. I understand that even though it used to work, that it may have been a 'fortunate" accident.

-ernie