Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 06:21:55PM +0000, Dawid Ferenczy wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>
>> "doesn't send ANSI codes to the console" doesn't make a lot of sense.
>> "Cygwin" doesn't send ANSI codes to the windows console since the windows
>> console doesn't understand ANSI codes.
>>
>> I don't see the behavior that you are specifying but I doubt that what
>> you are seeing has anything to do with the gobbledegook on the above
>> page.  If you do want "Cygwin" to send ANSI escape sequences then you'll
>> need to make sure that you're using a package which knows how to send
>> them, i.e., an ncurses-using package, and that the TERM environment
>> variable is set appropriately.
>>
>I have a feeling from your arrogant attitude, that there is no chance
>to pay attention to this issue, am I right?  That's a pity, because
>this attitude will result in people don't want to waste their time with
>trying to help make this software better.  I really don't understand
>that.  I'm happy when someone notify me to bug in my software, moreover
>when he spends his time to precisely describe the bug and how to
>reproduce it.  It's not clever to make him look stupid.

Perhaps you aren't a native English speaker and incorrectly took offense
at the mild term "gobbledegook" which was not directed at you.  I was
referring to the author of the web page that you referenced.  If that is
the author of ConEmu then he really doesn't seem to have a handle on how
things work which is rather surprising given that he's written ConEmu.
"ANSI codes" and "Windows consoles" don't mix.

>ConEmu developer is open to try to solve this issue.  But I thought
>that it would be much better to try to solve it for all console
>emulators (that means by Cygwin), not for ConEmu only.

You seem to have missed the point that I posted a new snapshot with a
fix for this particular issue.