Re: How LANG environment variable is set?

David Rothenberger wrote:
It looks like /etc/profile sets LC_ALL=C before running the scripts
in /etc/profile.d, then restores it to its original setting. This
prevents LANG getting set by lang.sh.

The statement LC_ALL=C has been introduced in /et/profile with the recent upgrade of base-file 4.2 (and indeed I was sure with base-fle 4.1 LANG was correctly set..)

So, is this how things should work or we have caught a bug in the new base-file 4.2 release?

Ciao,
Angelo.