Re: Two problems getting user and group info from /etc/{passwd,group}

On Apr 11 13:41, q q wrote:

> Dear Cygwin developers,
>
> Can you please take a look? - We came across a couple problems (times two, because they're identical for /etc/group as well):
> [...]

Well, if this isn't bad timing, I don't know what is.  In fact, the code
in question is not in CVS HEAD anymore, because I've turned everything
upside down to support fetching passwd and group information from SAM
and AD, without requiring /etc/passwd and /etc/group files.

I would like to suggest that you make yourself familiar with the changes
and try the latest developer snapshots from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

For the impact of the changes, please see the information given in the
thread starting at http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-02/threads.html#00306,
and especially the updated documentation attached to the mail

HTH,
Corinna

Red Hat